Ayam Bakar Padang
roasted spiced chicken
1 chicken (600 gr)
1 lime, juice
2000 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
7 jeruk purut leaves
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
2 cm Lengkuas / galangal
1 kunyit leaf
7 cloves of garlic
4 red lomboks
1 tbsp ketumbar
1/4 tsp jinten
4 kemiri nuts
3 cm kunyit
Cut the chicken into 4 pieces and rub it in with the lime juice. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the coconut milk together with the bumbu, the jeruk purut, the serai, the laos and the kunyit leaf in a pan and bring to the boil while stirring.
Then add the chicken and cook until done and until the oil is released. Remove the chicken from the pan.
Roast/grill the chicken over a charcoal fire until brown and baste it regularly with the sauce while roasting.
- Sayap ayam tumis daun kedondong - fried chicken wings in a fresh sauce
- Soun Goreng (Semarang) - fried soun with vegetables and meat
- Batun Bedil - rice cookies in palmsugar sauce
- Ayam Suwir Tauco Pedas - spicy spiced shredded chicken
- Semur Ayam Suwir Jamur - Stewed chicken with mushrooms
- Sayur Lombok - tahu and tempe in spicy coconut milk
- Sup Ayam Sayuran - Soup of chicken and vegetables