Tumis Ayam Kemangi
stir-fried chicken with kemangi
500 gr chicken filet
50 gr kemangi / lemon basil
4 cloves of garlic
2 red lomboks / chilli peppers
1 cm laos
2 salam leaves
1/2 tsp ketumbar
2 tbsp kecap manis
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
100 ml of water
Cut the meat into small pieces, the garlic and the shallots into thin slices. Deseed the chilies and cut into thin strips. Grate the laos.
Heat in a pan of sufficient oil and cook the chicken until brown and done and set aside. Heat in a pan 3 tbsp oil and fry the garlic, shallots, chilies, galangal and the salam for 4 minutes. Add the ketumbar the kecap, salt and pepper and mix well.
Then add the chicken and the water and cook slowly until done. Spoon in the kemangi and serve.
- Sate Blotongan Salatiga - Sate of lamb from Salatiga (Java)
- Orak Arik Telur Petai - stir-fry of egg with peteh beans and kecap
- Tumis Kangkung Cakalang Fufu - stir fry of kangkung with tuna
- Tumis Kapri Jagung Putren - stir-fry of mixed vegetables
- Ikan Panggang Pacak - spicy fried / grilled fish from Sumatra
- Ayam Panggang Saus Jamur - fried chicken with mushroom sauce
- Opor Tahu Telor Daging - pork with tofu in spicy sauce