- Satai Bungkus Daun Pisang - sate of fish in banana leaf
- Sate Brutu - Chicken sate/satay
- Babi Kuah Sawi Asin - stewed pork with salted cabbage in broth
- Tumis Mayosi Sawi Asin - stir-fry of bean sprouts and salted cabbage
- Semur Terung - stew of eggplant from Yogyakarta
- Gang Garee Gai
- Babat Gongso - spicy fried beef tripe from Semarang
Sate blengong masak - sate of dry fried spicy duck
Sate blengong masak
sate of dry fried spicy duck
1 duck (900g)
400 ml water
4 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
500 ml santen cair
3 tablespoons oil
6 red chilies
3 red rawits
5 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp ketumbar
Cut the duck into six pieces. Roast the peanuts and mash them. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the paste for 5 minutes. Add the peanuts and mix well. Add the duck and cook until it discolored. Then add the water, the salt and the palm sugar and fry it dry. Add the santen and cook until dry and done.
Put the duck on a skewer and serve.
- Written by AsianCook