Sambal Goreng Bebek
duck in a spicy red sauce
250 gr duck
1 tbsp lime juice
300 ml of water
2 jeruk purut leaves
1 salam leaf
2 tbsp oil
5 red lomboks
3 cloves of garlic
5 cm jahe
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp palm sugar
Cut the meat into pieces and the tomato into small cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Rub the duck with the lime juice and leave it for 10 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the jeruk purut and the salam for 3 minutes.
Then add the meat and cook until it changes colour. Then add the water and the tomato and cook until the meat is done and the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Ayam Dimasak Putih - spiced chicken stewed in coconut milk
- Tumis Buncis Jamur Merang - stewed green beans with mushrooms
- Empal Asem Ciribon - braised beef in slightly acidic sauce from Ciribon
- Sambal Goreng Cabai - spicy stir-fry of lomboks and shrimps
- Oseng-oseng Sayur - fried vegetables with beef
- Buah Kacang Mekuah - slowly cooked snake beans
- Semur Udang - stewed fragrant shrimp/prawn in a dark sauce