a stew made of pork meat
150 gr sugar
250 ml vinegar
8 tbsp kecap manis
250 ml water
4 tbsp oil
1 bulb garlic
1000 gr pork meat
1 bay leaf
1 spring onion
Cut the meat into pieces and crush the garlic cloves. Cut the carrot into slices. Slice the bananas into 5 cm diagonal long pieces. Mix the sugar, the vinegar, the kecap and the water. Chop the spring onion.
Heat in a pan 2 tbsp oil and fry the garlic for 3 minutes and remove them. Add the remaining oil and the meat and fry it brown.
Add the vinegar mixture and don't stir. Add the bay leaf and let it simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Then add the carrot and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the bananas and let it simmer until the carrot and the bananas are soft and garnish it with the spring onion.
- Gulai Itik Aceh - duck curry from Aceh
- Kambing Merica - lamb in a green pepper sauce
- Sayur Belimbing Wuluh - starfruit with dried shrimps in coconut sauce
- Hoy Mang Pu Lourk - Mussels / clams
- Tumis Kangkung tauco - stir-fry of kangkung with eggs
- Tumis Tempe Kucai - fried tempe with chives
- Tumis Polleng - braised shrimp in coconutmilk