Broccoli stir-fry with shrimp/prawns - 西兰花虾仁
150 g broccoli/bimi
150 g shrimps/prawns, medium
5 baby corn
1/2 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
1/2 tsp cornstarch
6 cloves of garlic
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Peel and clean the shrimp/prawns. Cut the broccoli/bimi into florets. Finely chop the garlic. Cut the corn cobs into pieces.
Marinate the shrimps/prawns with the rice wine and cornflour for 5 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shrimp/prawns until they change color and set aside. Then over medium heat add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then add the broccoli/bimi, the corn and the soy sauce and mix well.
When the vegetables are tender add the shrimps/prawns together with the salt and fry for another 30 seconds. serve.
- Gulai Pagar Puri - stew of lamb and eggplant
- Sate ayam Bekasi - Grilled marinated chicken
- Ayam Goreng Belambangan - fried spiced chicken from Banyuwangi
- Tauco Udang Cabe Hijau - shrimp and green pepper with tauco sauce
- Ayam Suwir Kemangi - shredded braised chicken with kemangi
- Semur Udang - stewed fragrant shrimp/prawn in a dark sauce
- Serundeng - fried coconut with peanuts