Shui Zhu Yu - 水煮 鱼
spicy blanched fish
250 gr fish fillet
1/8 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp cornflour
15 dried peppers / lomboks
2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
250 gr celery / bean sprouts
1 1/2 tbsp oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
1 spring onion
1 1/2 tbsp Sichuan chilli bean paste / doubanjiang
1 tsp chilli powder
400 ml chicken stock (or water)
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp oil
Cut the fish into pieces and marinate with the salt, pepper, rice wine and corn for 5 minutes. Cut the celery into thin strips. Chop the garlic and the jahe finely. Chop the spring onions and coriander finely.
Heat in a pan, over low heat, 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the lomboks and Sichuan peppercorns for 4 minutes. Then chop coarsely and set aside.
In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the celery for 1 1/2 minutes and set aside (30 seconds for the bean sprouts)
In a pan, heat the oil for the broth and fry the garlic, the jahe and the spring onion for 2 minutes. Then add the Sichuan paste and the chilli powder and mix well. Then add the stock and bring to a boil. Then add the fish and blanch/cook the fish it until done.
Place the celery / bean sprouts in a bowl and spoon the fish and stock over it. Sprinkle the coriander and the lomboks on top. Heat in a pan the 2 tbsp oil and scoop it over the lomboks and serve.
- Rica Bebek - stew of duck in seasoned sauce
- Terik Tempe Tahu - tempe and tahu stewed in spicy coconut milk
- Hati Sapi Masak Kecap Gurih liver in creamy fragrant sauce
- Sup Daging Tetelan Sawi Putih - beef soup with cabbage
- Semur Daging Babi - braised pork in a dark sauce
- Orek Tempe - spicy fried tempe
- Tumis Daging Suwir - stir fry of spicy seasoned pulled beef