Spicy lamb with cumin - 孜然 羊肉
600 gr lamb
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp cumin, grounded
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp palm sugar
1 bunch of coriander / cilantro
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
3 tbsp oil
Cut the meat into cubes. Mix the rice wine, cumin, soy sauce and cornflour with the meat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Finely chop the coriander and the lomboks.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat until it has changed color and done. Remove the meat from the pan and drain the liquid.
Then in a dry pan, roast the cumin and chili flakes for 2 minutes. Add the meat, the lomboks, the salt and the palm sugar and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the coriander and mix well. Remove the meat from the pan and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve.
- Sup Tomat Bola Udang - tomato soup with shrimp balls
- Horenso Rebung Taoco - spiced spinach with bamboo shoots
- Cah Pare Bawing Putih - fried cucumber with garlic
- Telur Bumbu Paniki - very spicy eggs from Manado
- Terik Daging Sapi - fried meat with vegetables in spicy sauce
- Es Timun jeruk nipis - Refreshing cucumber drink with lemon
- Gurame Kunyit Pedas - fish in spicy yellow sauce