Pindang Kecap Santan
Eggs in a spicy sauce
6 duck eggs, hard boiled
3 red lomboks
2 salam leaves
2 cm laos
4 tbsp kecap manis
2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1000 ml coconut milk
Roast first the shallots and lomboks. Then cut the shalots into thin slices and halve the lomboks. Grate de laos.
Heat the coconut milk together with the shallots, lomboks, salam and laos and bring to the boil.
Then add the eggs, the kecap, the salt, the palm sugar and the nutmeg and cook it gently until everything is cooked and tender and the spices have been infused into the eggs.
- Satai Ayam Bumbu Rujak - satay of spiced chicken
- Daging Masak Kuning - beef in a slightly yellowish sour sauce
- Sayur daun papaya dan pakis - cooked papaya leaves and fern tops
- Begane - Stew of lamb
- Moo Pat Prik Thai Dam - sliced pork with black pepper
- Bacem Tahu Bumbu Kuning - fragrant fried yellow coloured tahu/tofu
- Sayur Oyong Katuk - stewed cucumber with carrot in sauce