Sup Ayam Sayuran
Soup of chicken and vegetables
1000 ml water
500 g cabbage
2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
2 spring onions
2 tsp celery (leaves)
1 red rawit
2 tbsp oil
Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. Cut the onion, the rawit, the spring onion and the cabbage finely and cut the tomatoes into pieces. Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Then add the carrots and the chicken and fry the chicken until brown. Then add the cabbage and tomatoes and mix. Then add the salt, the palm sugar and the water and bring to the boil. Then simmer for 1 hour until done.
Then add the spring onion and celery, mix well and serve.
- Satai Ayam Bumbu Rujak - satay of spiced chicken
- Daging Masak Kuning - beef in a slightly yellowish sour sauce
- Sayur daun papaya dan pakis - cooked papaya leaves and fern tops
- Begane - Stew of lamb
- Moo Pat Prik Thai Dam - sliced pork with black pepper
- Bacem Tahu Bumbu Kuning - fragrant fried yellow coloured tahu/tofu
- Sayur Oyong Katuk - stewed cucumber with carrot in sauce