eggplant with a green chili sauce
4 terong ungu panjang (lebanese/thin and long eggplants)
15 green rawits
1 tsp palmsugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp trasi bakar (roasted shrimp paste)
Slice the eggplants lenghtwise and then in four pieces. Heat in a wok the oil and fry the eggplants brown. Remove the eggplants and srain them on kitchen paper.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the sauce into a paste. Heat in a wok 1 tbsp oil and fry the bumbu for 2 minutes. add the eggplants and let it simmer slowly until all is mixed well.
- Serabi - Thin pancakes with a sweet coconutmilk sauce
- Pelepah Manuk - in coconut milk braised spicy chicken
- Telur Ceplok Tauco - fried eggs in sauce
- Gule Telor - hardboiled eggs in a spicy sauce
- Rica Ayam Sayur - Chicken with vegetables in a sweet spicy sauce
- Tahu Bumbu Rujak - fried spicy tahu/tofu
- Dtab Ping - roaster pork liver