Sayur Bening (Surakarta)
stewed spinach with corn
2 bunches bayam / wild spinach
3 young sweet corn
1 small tomato
2 spring onions
3 cm temu kunci
1 tsp salt
Cut the corn on the cob into 3 pieces and the tomato into thin slices. Roughly chop the spring onion.
Heat the water in a pan and bring to a boil. Then add the corn and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then add the bayam and cook it covered for 2 minutes.
Then add the spring onion, tomato, temu kunci and salt and cook until the tomato has softened. Serve.
- Kohu-Kohu - steamed tuna with vegetables from the Moluccas
- Kelia hati - curry liver with potatoes from Jambi
- Semur Hati Ayam Rasa Pedas - Spicy stew of chicken liver
- Sambal Goreng Gasang - beef in a spicy red pepper sauce
- Pindang Udang Kacang Panjang - stewed shrimp/prawns with snake beans
- Lapis Daging Semarang - sweet fried beef slices
- Anyang Pakis - fern buds with coconut
Sayur Bening - stewed spinach with corn
- Written by: AsianCook