Mala Chongqing chicken
4 chicken thights
25 dried red chili peppers
6 cm ginger
1/2 tsp of palm sugar
1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
1/2 tbsp rice wine
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil
750 ml of oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp of rice wine
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp maizena / corn starch
4 cm ginger
1 spring onion (green part)
Cut the chicken into small pieces. Grate the ginger for the marinade and cut the onion in thin strips. Mix the marinade ingredients with the meat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the chicken until light brown and set aside. Then heat the oil again and fry the chicken for the second time until it has become brown and let it drain.
Grate the ginger and cut the scallion into small pieces. Heat in a pan 1/2 tablespoon oil and fry the peppercorns until fragrant. Then add the chili peppers along with the ginger and the onion and fry it gently for 1 minute.
Then add the chicken, the rice wine and the salt on high fire and stir well. Then add the sesame seed, the palm sugar and the sesame oil and mix well. Serve.
- Ayam Penyet Kemangi - fried spiced chicken with sambal and kemangi
- Soto Ayam lobak - simple chicken soup with turnip
- Asam Keung Udeng - prawns in spicy sour sauce
- Sambal Rawit Taosi - spicy sambal with black beans
- Orak Arik Buncis Telor - stir fry of beans with egg
- Sayur Lombok Hati Ampela - spicy fried chicken livers in sauce
- Kelia hati - curry liver with potatoes from Jambi