Sambal Goreng Daging Manis
spicy fried beef
300 gr beef
3 red lomboks
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass, white part
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
2 salam leaves
3 tsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
500 ml coconut milk (from 1/2 coconut)
2 kemiri nuts, toasted
1/2 tsp terasi / trasi
4 cloves of garlic
4 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
Cut the meat into cubes. Cut the potatoes into cubes. Finely chop the shallots. Cut the lomboks into oblique rings. Cut the tomato into cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat until brown and set aside. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until brown and set aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the shallots, lomboks, serai, laos and salam for 5 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and fry until soft/wilted.
Then add the meat and mix well. Then add the potatoes, the kecap, the salt and the palm sugar and mix well.
Add the coconut milk and cook on low/middle hig heat until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Bebek Bumbu Rujak - fried and roasted spiced duck
- Tumis Labu Siam Ebi Telur - chayote stewed in coconut milk
- Daging masak taoco - seasoned cooked beef
- Gulai Buncis Tauco - stewed beans with tauco and petai
- Sayap Ayam Masak Krengsengan - chicken wings in spicy sauce
- Ayam Banam Kuah Kecap - chicken stewed in a light kecap sauce
- Sate Ayam Manis - sweet chicken satay