Tumis Terung Bersantan
fried eggplant with spiced sauce
3 long thin purple eggplant (400g)
1 cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
150 ml of water
4 red lomboks
2 tbsp ebi, soaked and chopped
1 tbsp saus sambal / chilli sauce
200 ml coconut milk (of 1/2 coconut)
Cut the shallots, the garlic and the lomboks into thin slices. Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and then into pieces of 7 cm. Beat the eggs.
Mix the eggplant with garlic, salt and water and let it stand for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the eggplant golden brown and cooked and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots, lomboks and ebi for 5 minutes. Then add the saus sambal, the tomatoes and the eggs and mix everything well. Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil while stirring. Pour the sauce over the eggplant and serve.
- Humba - Braised pork belly
- Daging Kuning Jeruk - stewed beef in yellow fragrant sauce
- Tumis Kerang Darah - stewed spicy cockles
- Bebotok Ayam
- Ayam Masak Bawang Merah - fried chicken with shallots
- Ped Yang Sauce Palo - duck breast in cinnamon sauce
- Sambal Goreng Kol - spicy stir-fry of cabbage with shrimp and petai