Tumis Terung Bersantan
fried eggplant with spiced sauce
3 long thin purple eggplant (400g)
1 cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
150 ml of water
4 red lomboks
2 tbsp ebi, soaked and chopped
1 tbsp saus sambal / chilli sauce
200 ml coconut milk (of 1/2 coconut)
Cut the shallots, the garlic and the lomboks into thin slices. Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and then into pieces of 7 cm. Beat the eggs.
Mix the eggplant with garlic, salt and water and let it stand for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the eggplant golden brown and cooked and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots, lomboks and ebi for 5 minutes. Then add the saus sambal, the tomatoes and the eggs and mix everything well. Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil while stirring. Pour the sauce over the eggplant and serve.
- Ayam bakar Bumbu kelapa - roasted chicken with coconut dressing
- Bebek Goreng Penyet - fried duck with sambal terasi
- Telur Dadar Lipat - spiced omelette
- Tumis Menir - spinach with meat
- Bacem Daging Gurih - dry-stewed seasoned beef
- Rempah - fried spiced coconut
- Soto Pekalongan - spicy beef soup fron Pekalongan
Tumis Terung Bersantan - fried eggplant with spiced sauce
- Written by: AsianCook