Nasi Tomat (Aceh)
500 gr of rice
250 gr tomatoes (or to taste)
6 cloves of garlic
2 sticks of cinnamon
350 ml beef broth
3 tbsp butter
Bring the water in a pan to the boil and cook the tomatoes until soft. Drain and puree the tomatoes. Set aside. Cut the shallots and the garlic into thin slices.
Heat the butter in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the cloves and the mace and mix well.
Add the rice, stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil while stirring. Cook until the moisture is absorbed.
Then steam the rice until done. Serve the rice with the pelengkap.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts