Kambing Masak Tung Po
spicy stewed lamb
250 gr lamb
100 gr potato
100 gr carrot
2 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
2 tbsp kecap asin
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp five spice powder (see recipe)
1/2 - 1 tsp pepper
Cut the meat into cubes. Cut the potato and the carrot into cubes. Cut the shallots into slices and the garlic finely.
Heat in a pan 10 tbsp oil and fry the meat until brown, then remove from the pan and set aside. Then add the potato and carrot to the oil and fry until brown and done and set aside.
Then add the meat, shallots, garlic, jahe, kecap, palm sugar, five spice powder, pepper and water and cook the meat over low heat for 2 hours until done.
Then add the potato and carrot and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve.
- Sate Bumbu kikil kacang pedas - kikil satay in spicy peanut sauce
- Tengkleng Iga Bakar - braised lamb in a spicy and creamy sauce
- Choo Chee Curry Paste
- Dadar Tahu - tahu/tofu omelette
- Tumis Kangkung Tabur Udang - stir fry of kangkung with shrimp
- Mu Wan - thai babi kecap / sweet pork
- Babi Kecap Manado - spiced stewed pork from Manado