- Pangsit Goreng - fried filled wonton
- Sate Ayam Kelapa Parut Sangrai - Chicken sate/satay with roasted coconut
- Udang Bumbu Madu - spicy prawns with honey
- Ayam Bumbu suwir Cabai - fried chicken in creamy sauce
- Kambing Mekuah - spicy lamb in a creamy sauce
- Semur Bola Daging - meat balls in a sweet kecap sauce
- Ayam Bakar Penyet - Grilled spicy chicken with very spicy sambal
50 gr roasted peanuts
100 gr grated coconut
60 gr gula jawa (palmsugar)
1/4 tsp salt
300 gr glutinous rice flour
275 ml coconut milk
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
Grind the peanuts into a coarse paste. Cut the bananaleaves in 20 round pieces with a 10 cm diameter and scald them in hot water. Brush lightly with oil. Heat a wok a stir-fry lightly the peanuts, the grated coconut, the palmsugar and the salt for about 10 minutes an let it cool down.
Mix the riceflour, the coconut milk, the sugar, the salt and the oil and knead it in a soft dough. Form 20 portions of the dough an flatten it. Add a tsp of the peanutfilling and seal the filling inside with the dough.
Fold a bananaleave into a cone and put the dough inside an wrap and tuck the ends of the bananaleaf neatly. Steam it for 15 minutes and serve.
- Written by / Copyright by AsianCook / F.M. Wiedenhoff