Pesmol Ikan Kembung
fried fish with a spicy sauce
4 ikan kembung / (Indian) mackerel
3 tbsp lime, juice
1 tsp salt
2 cm lengkuas/laos/galangal
2 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaf
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp palm sugar
4 red lomboks
4 red rawits
4 cloves of garlic
3 cm jahe/ginger
5 cm kunyit
Clean the fish and rub it with the lime juice and salt and let it rest for 15 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish until brown and done and set aside.
Cut the onion lengthwise into thin strips. Cut the lomboks into thin rings. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the tomato into cubes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Then add the bumbu and mix well and fry for 4 minutes. Then add the lengkuas, the serai, the jeruk purut, the salam, the salt, the palm sugar, the lomboks, the rawits and the tomato and mix well.
Then add the water and cook the sauce until it has thickened. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
- Tumis Selada Air - stir fry of watercress with quail eggs
- Singkong kuwa ebi - cassava leaves
- Telor Bumbu Kacang - Eggs in a peanut sauce
- Bakso Goreng Soun Jamur - fried balls with soun and mushrooms
- Ayam Kluyuk - chicken in tomato sauce
- Terik Tempe Tahu - tempe and tahu stewed in spicy coconut milk