Udang Jerbung Masak Santan
fried seasoned shrimp/prawns in a coconut milk sauce
400 gr shrimp/prawns
500 ml of thin coconut milk (cair)
3 cloves of garlic
2 green lomboks, seeded
2 red lomboks, seeded
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
2 salam leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp palm sugar
Clean the shrimp but leave the tail. Cut the tahu into cubes. Cut the shallots, the garlic and the lomboks into thin slices.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tahu golden brown and set aside. Heat in a pan 3 tbsp oil and fry the shallots, the garlic, the lomboks, the salam and the laos for 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp and fry until they change colour. Then add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
Then add the tahu, the salt and the palm sugar and let it simmer for a while. Serve.
- Nasi Lengko - fried rice with tofu and tempe from Ciribon
- Panggang bandeng - grilled milkfish
- Ayam Jamur Kecap - fried chicken with mushrooms and kecap
- Base Jukut - Balinese bumbu for vegatables
- Shui Zhu - Sichuan boiled beef
- Serundeng - fried coconut with peanuts
- Pecak Gurame - carp in creamy sauce