Udang Petai Balado (Padang)
spicy shrimp/prawns with petai/peteh
300 gr shrimp/prawns
10 petai / peteh beans
1 tbsp asam water
5 red lomboks
3 red rawits
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
Clean the shrimp/prawns and remove the head. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shrimps until halfdone or change colour and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the tomato into pieces. Halve the petai beans.
Heat in a pan 2 tbsp oil and fry the bumbu for 4 minutes. Then add the asam water, the petai and the tomato and fry until soft. Then add the shrimp/pranws and fry until done. Serve.
- Ikan Kuah Kuning - Fried fish in yellow sauce from the Moluccas
- Kambing Merica - lamb in a green pepper sauce
- Taoto - Javanese beef stew with a yellow bean sauce
- Daging Semur - slowly cooked beef
- Cah Taosi Buncis - Seasoned beans with tahu
- Kremes - cookies mad of sweet potato with palmsugar
- Tumis Polleng - braised shrimp in coconutmilk