Daging Masak Habang
red braised beef
750 gr beef (shank)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp asam water
2 cm cinnamon
2 tsp palm sugar
21 dried lomboks
7 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe/ginger
1 tsp terais/trasi bakar
3 kemiri/candlenuts, roasted
1 tsp salt
Cut the meat into slices. Rub and knead the meat in with the salt and asam water and let it rest for 15 minutes. Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a pan 3 tbsp oil and fry the bumbu for 6 minutes. Then add the cloves and cinnamon and fry for another 3 minutes.
Then add the meat and fry until the meat changes color. Then add the water and palm sugar and mix well. Then over low heat and covered, let the meat simmer gently until done.
Then mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Serve.
- Sate Bumbu kikil kacang pedas - kikil satay in spicy peanut sauce
- Tengkleng Iga Bakar - braised lamb in a spicy and creamy sauce
- Choo Chee Curry Paste
- Dadar Tahu - tahu/tofu omelette
- Tumis Kangkung Tabur Udang - stir fry of kangkung with shrimp
- Mu Wan - thai babi kecap / sweet pork
- Babi Kecap Manado - spiced stewed pork from Manado