Bebek Lada Hitam
stewed duck in a spicy pepper sauce
2 limes, juice
9 cloves of garlic
4 cm jahe
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
600 ml of water
1 tbsp kecap asin
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp saus sambal (see recipe)
1/2 green bell pepper
3 red lomboks
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp oil
Pound or grind 6 cloves of garlic fine into a paste and chop the remaining finely. Grate the jahe. Cut the bell pepper into thin strips. Deseed the lomboks and then cut them into strips. Cut the onion into pieces. Grind the pepper coarsely.
Clean the duck and remove the head and legs. Rub the duck in with the chopped garlic, the lime juice, the salt and the jahe and leave it for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chopped garlic for 3 minutes. Then add the duck and fry until it changes colour.
Then add the water, the kecaps, the oyster sauce and the sambal sauce and cook until the duck is done and the sauce is thickened. Then add the bell pepper, the lomboks, the onion and the pepper and stir well. Cook until done. Serve.
- Martabak Durian - durian filled pancakes
- Hu Pi Jian Jiao - 虎皮 尖椒 - fried chili peppers with garlic
- Sayap Ayam Manis Pedas - sweet fried spicy chicken wings
- Kailan Ayam Tomat - Stir fry of kailan with chicken
- Sambal Goang - raw sambal from Sunda
- Spicy lamb with cumin - 孜然 羊肉
- Dendeng Kelam - thin slices fried beef