braised spiced beef
500 gr brisket
200 gr potatoes
5 cloves of garlic
2 salam leaves
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
4 red lomboks
4 green lomboks
1 tsp terasi / trasi / shrimp paste
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp asam + 2 tbsp water
1 tsp of salt
600 ml beef stock (see recipe)
Cut the potatoes into cubes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until golden brown and set aside.
Cut the meat into cubes. Thinly slice the shallots and garlic. Cut the lomboks into rings of 1 cm.
In a pan, heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the shallots, garlic, salam and galangal for 5 minutes. Then add the lomboks and the terasi and fry until soft. Then add the meat and fry until it changes color.
Then add the stock and bring it to the boil while stirring and cook the meat until done. Then add the potatoes and mix well and cook until the sauce thickens. Then add the salt and the asam water and mix well. Then add the kecap and cook until done. Serve.
- Tumis Buncis Lada Hitam - stir-fry of green beans with black pepper
- Bau Dianjoroi - spiced stewed fish
- Daging Masak Pandan - beef cooked with pandan leaf
- Pepes Ayam Tahu - steamed chicken with tofu in a package
- Sekba Babi - stewed pork with sayur asin
- Gurami Masak Taoco - fried fish with a taoco sauce
- Sambal Kecap Manis - Sambal with kecap / sweet soy sauce
Ase Daging - braised spiced beef
- Written by: AsianCook