Tetelan Bumbu Petis
stewed and spicy beef
200 gr beef (breast)
1 tbsp petis
3 red lomboks
2 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
3 jeruk purut leaves
750 ml of water
200 gr potatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
4 cloves of garlic
4 kemiri nuts
1 tbsp bawang goreng
Cut the potatoes into 2 cm cubes. Heat in a pan of oil and fry the cubes until golden brown and done and set aside.
Cut the meat into cubes of 4 cm. Coarsely chop the lomboks and the keriting. Finely chop the jeruk purut. Dice the tomatoes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the petis, the jeruk purut, the lomboks and the keriting for 6 minutes. Then add the meat and fry until it changes color.
Then add the water and cook the meat until done. Then add the potatoes and tomatoes and mix well. Then add the salt and palm sugar and stir until the sauce has thickened and the whole is done.
Sprinkle the bawang goreng over it and serve.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts