very spicy and fragrant beef
150 gr beef (shank)
100 gr beef (rind)
2 salam leaves
2 cm lengkuas / galangal / laos
1 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic
10 red rawits
5 red lomboks
2 cm jahe
1 tbsp palm sugar
300 ml of water
6 tbsp oil
Heat in a pan the water together with the meat, the salam, the laos and 1/2 tsp salt and cook the meat until tender. Strain and store 200 ml stock. Cut the meat into small pieces.
Cut the lomboks into pieces. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the shallots, garlic, rawits and lomboks until soft. Then pound or grind into a paste.
Heat in a pan 2 tbsp oil and fry the paste with de jahe for 4 minutes. Then add the meat, the palmsugar and the salt and mix well.
Then add the stock and cook until the sauce has thickened. Serve.
- Pindang Iga Bali - Balinese ribs (beef)
- Asem-Asem Buncis (Surakarta) - stewed beans with beef
- Empal Gentong Cirebon - beef in creamy coconut milk sauce from Cirebon
- Sayur Oyong Bersantan - wing cucumber in seasoned coconut milk
- Krengsengan Daging Sapi - beef in a petis (shrimp paste) sauce
- Oseng Caisim Jamur Tiram - Stirfry of choisam with oyster mushrooms
- Ayam Bakar Penyet - Grilled spicy chicken with very spicy sambal