Empal Puck Manis Gurih
fried sate of beef
500 gr of beef
1500 ml of water
3 salam leaves
500 ml of beef broth
100 ml thick coconut milk (kental)
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 tbsp asam water
1 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ketumbar
4 cm lengkuas /galangal / laos
Heat in a pan the water together with 2 salam leaves and the meat and cook until done. Scoop out of the pan and cut into strips and flatten to 1/2 cm thickness. Thread the meat on the sticks.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Heat in a pan the stock with the coconut milk, the salam, the serai, the salt, the asam water and the meat and cook until the sauce thickened.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the satay until golden brown. Serve.
- Dadar Kare - omelette with spicy sauce
- Acar Sayur - atjar/acar/ pickle of vegetables
- Juhi Tabur Kelapa - dry fried seasoned cuttlefish
- Nasi Uduk Hijau - green colored rice
- Gang Mu Tay Po - pineapple and pork curry
- Tumis Jamur Lokio - fried mushrooms with chives
- Ayam Tumis Weijen - Stir-fry of chicken with sesame seed