beef stew from the Moluccas
500 gr beef (shank)
7 cm of cinnamon
4 tbsp kecap manis
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
750 ml of hot water
3 red lomboks
5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ketumbar
1/4 tsp jinten
Cut the meat into cubes of 3cm. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in one pan 1 tbsp oil and fry the bumbu together with the cinnamon for 6 minutes. Then add the meat and cook until it changes colour. Then add the kecap, the pepper and the nutmeg and mix well.
When the meat juices are released then add the water and cook the meat over low heat for 45 minutes until done. Serve.
- Bistik Kambing - Lamb in sweet fragrant sauce
- Sandung Lamur Bali - braised beef with a spicy red sauce
- Siomay ayam bayam - steamed chicken / spinach dumpling
- Sayap Ayam Rempah - fried seasoned chicken wings
- Semur Terung - stew of eggplant from Yogyakarta
- Smoor Ayam Siliwangi - slowly cooked fried pieces of chicken
- Udang Taoco Cabai Hijau - shrimps in green pepper sauce