Semur Iga Pedas
Spicy stew with beef
800 gr beef / ribs
3000 ml of water
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 salam leaves
3 jeruk purut leaves
1/2 tsp jinten
2 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
8 tbsp kecap manis
4 tbsp oil
6 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ketumbar, roasted
5 kemiri nuts, roasted
5 red lomboks
6 red rawits
Cut the meat into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu to a paste.
Heat in a pan the water and cook the meat until done. Pour 1500 ml of broth and set aside. Remove the meat and ribs from the pan and set aside. Cut the shallots into thin slices and the scallions finely.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu together with the shallots, the salam, the jeruk purut, the jinten and the mace for 4 minutes and then add the salt and the palm sugar.
Add the meat and the ribs and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the kecap and the broth and cook until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle the scallions on top and serve.
- Cumi Bakar Bumbu Lengkuas - fried or roasted seasoned squid
- Pindang Cuwe Asam Pedas - fried tuna in a spicy sauce
- Kambing Masak Santan Manis - Lamb stewed in creamy and sweet sauce
- Gorengan Kambing Betawi - stew of lamb from Jakarta
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Semur Daging Jawa - beef stew from Java
- Tumis Tempe Taoco - fried tempeh in spicy sauce