- Pangsit Goreng - fried filled wonton
- Sate Ayam Kelapa Parut Sangrai - Chicken sate/satay with roasted coconut
- Udang Bumbu Madu - spicy prawns with honey
- Ayam Bumbu suwir Cabai - fried chicken in creamy sauce
- Kambing Mekuah - spicy lamb in a creamy sauce
- Semur Bola Daging - meat balls in a sweet kecap sauce
- Ayam Bakar Penyet - Grilled spicy chicken with very spicy sambal
Meniran - snack of rice and coconut milk
snack of rice and coconut milk
350 ml santen asli
250 ml santen cair
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 pandan leaf
Soak the rice in water for 2 hours. Drain and mash the rice coarsely. Cut the pandan leaf into 10 pieces. Heat in a pan the santen asli along with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook slowly until santen has thickened. Set 300 ml aside.
Heat in a pan the santen cair along with the rice and 1 teaspoon salt and cook gently until it has thickened.
Take a piece of banana leaf and lay upon a piece of pandan leaf, 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture and 2 tablespoons of the santen asli. Fold it close as a package and steam the packages for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Written by / Copyright by AsianCook / F.M. Wiedenhoff