- Lontong Kare Ayam - chicken curry with lontong/rice cakes
- Tom Kanoon
- Paru Goreng bumbu ungkep Lengkuas - baked spiced lung
- Daun labu jagung manis - pumpkin leaves with sweetcorn
- Kari Ayam Lengkuas - Chicken Curry with Laos
- Gulai Cincang - lamb in spicy coconutmilk sauce
- Tumis Sayur Bumbu Terasi - fried vegetables in creamy sauce
Meniran - snack of rice and coconut milk
snack of rice and coconut milk
350 ml santen asli
250 ml santen cair
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 pandan leaf
Soak the rice in water for 2 hours. Drain and mash the rice coarsely. Cut the pandan leaf into 10 pieces. Heat in a pan the santen asli along with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook slowly until santen has thickened. Set 300 ml aside.
Heat in a pan the santen cair along with the rice and 1 teaspoon salt and cook gently until it has thickened.
Take a piece of banana leaf and lay upon a piece of pandan leaf, 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture and 2 tablespoons of the santen asli. Fold it close as a package and steam the packages for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Written by AsianCook