Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan)
stewed pork with salted cabbage
250 gr pork
200 gr pork liver
250 salted cabbage
2 tbsp angcau (fermented glutinous rice)
4 cloves of garlic
1 cm jahe
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp kecap asin
1500 ml of water
1 tbsp oil
Heat the water in a pan and cook the meat and liver until done. Remove the meat and strain the water and save 1250 ml of stock. Cut the meat and liver into 1 cm slices.
Rinse the salted cabbage and knead out the moisture. then cut it into 1 cm pieces. Pound or grind the garlic finely.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic and the jahe for 2 minutes. Then add the meat, liver and cabbage and mix well. Then add the broth and bring to the boil. Then add the angcau and the pepper and mix well.
Then continue cooking over low heat until the sauce thickens. Then mix in the kecap and serve.
- Telur Balado Hijau - eggs in green pepper sauce
- Garang Jamur - Mushroom in banana leaf
- Gaeng Khiew Wan Gai
- Ayam Goreng Mentega - fried chicken in a butter-kecap sauce
- Semur Telur - fragrant egg stew
- Semur Ayam Pedas Manis - sweet and spicy chicken stew
- Sambal Goreng Buncis - spicy green beans with chicken livers