Ati Ampela Masak Pedas
chicken livers in a spicy sauce
5 double chicken livers
2 salam leaves
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
2 cm jahe
2 tbsp kecap manis
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp palm sugar
2 tbsp oil
4 cloves of garlic
5 red lomboks
3 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
Heat the water in a pan and add the livers and cook until tender. Drain and cut the livers into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the paste coarsely.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam, serai and jahe for 6 minutes. Then add the livers and mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
Then add the kecap, salt, palm sugar and pepper and mix well. Then add 200 ml water and mix well and bring to the boil and cook until the sauce thickens a bit. Serve.
- Daging Domba - lamb with vegetables
- Ayam Goreng Yogya - fried chicken from Yogykarta
- Tenggiri Bumbu Bali - fried fish in a spicy red sauce
- Gulai Rebung Padang - Curry of bamboo shoots from Padang
- Ikan Kuah Santan - fish stewed in a spicy creamy sauce
- Ayam Bakar Japit - chicken stewed in spicy coconut milk
- Sambal Terasi Udang - shrimp/prawns in spicy sauce