Ayam Panggang Cabai Hijau
roasted chicken with green pepper
500 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
6 cloves of garlic
8 green lomboks
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
4 cm lengkuas / laos
4 jeruk purut leaves
1 tsp ketumbar, roasted
1/3 tsp jinten, roasted
2 tsp terasi / trasi
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Rub the chicken in with the oil and roast it over a charcoal fire until half done*.
Heat the coconut milk together with the bumbu in a pan and bring to the boil, while stirring, and cook until the sauce thickens. Then add the chicken and continue to cook over low heat until the sauce has almost evaporated.
Remove the chicken from the pan and roast it over a charcoal fire until brown and crispy.
* tip: you can also roast it in the oven
- Sayap ayam tumis daun kedondong - fried chicken wings in a fresh sauce
- Soun Goreng (Semarang) - fried soun with vegetables and meat
- Batun Bedil - rice cookies in palmsugar sauce
- Ayam Suwir Tauco Pedas - spicy spiced shredded chicken
- Semur Ayam Suwir Jamur - Stewed chicken with mushrooms
- Sayur Lombok - tahu and tempe in spicy coconut milk
- Sup Ayam Sayuran - Soup of chicken and vegetables