braised chicken in an onion and kecap sauce
1/2 chicken / 6 drumsticks
3 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 tbsp kecap asin
2 tbsp palm sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
125 ml of water
5 red lomboks
1 tbsp calamansi / lime juice
2 tbsp oil
Cut the chicken into pieces. Cut the shallots, the garlic and the jahe into thin slices. Deseed the lomboks and slice it fine.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, the garlic and the jahe for 3 minutes. Then add the chicken and fry until they change colour (5 minutes).
Then add the kecaps, the pepper, the palm sugar and the water and bring to the boil. Close the pan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is done and the sauce has thickened. Then mix in the lomboks and the calamansi juice and serve.
- Anak Domba Taoco - baked stewed lamb in sauce
- Kalio Daging - beef with potato in a spicy sauce
- Abon Daging - dry-fried pulled beef
- Priaw Waan Kai - chicken in sweet/sour sauce
- Bola daging Bumbu Bali - meatballs Balinese style
- Cah Sayur - fried meat with vegetables and tofu
- Mi goreng cabai hijau yang Lezat - fried noodles with green chilies