Ayam Panggang Kecap Tomat
roasted chicken with a spicy sambal tomat
1 chicken (750 gr)
200 ml of water
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp asam water
1 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic
3 red lomboks
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp palm sugar
10 red rawits
1 tbsp lime, juice
1 tsp salt
Cut the chicken into 10 pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the tomatoes and the rawits into pieces.
Rub the chicken with the kecap, asam water, salt and 100 ml water and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour. Then roast the chicken slowly over a charcoal fire until brown and done, or in the oven for 45 minutes.
Heat 100 ml water in a pan together with the bumbu and bring to a boil. Then mix in the tomatoes, the rawits, the salt and the lime juice.
Serve the chicken with the sambal.
- Babi Fricasse - pork with vegetables
- Ayam Setan - devil's chicken
- Hati sapi tumis bombay - fried liver with onions
- Hati Sapi Masak Kalio - liver in spicy coconut milk sauce
- Gado Gado - mixed vegetables with peanutsauce
- Sambal Cabe Ijo Padang - green sambal from Padang
- Luukschin Priau Wan - meatballs in sweetsour sauce