Ayam Banam Kuah Kecap
chicken stewed in a light kecap sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
4 tsp kecap manis
250 ml of water
1/2 tsp lime, juice
1 tbsp oil
Cut the chicken into 10 pieces and rub it in with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and leave to rest for 30 minutes. Then roast the chicken over a charcoal fire until brown and set aside.
Chop the shallots and the garlic coarsely. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 3 minutes. Then add the chicken and mix well.
Then add the water, the pepper, the salt and the kecap and cook the chicken until done. Then mix in the lime juice and serve.
- Sayap Ayam Rempah - fried seasoned chicken wings
- Cumu-Cumi Asin Daun Kemangi - fried salted squid with kemangi
- Moo Ping - roasted pork (sate)
- Semur Andilan Betawi - beef stew from Jakarta
- Empal Suwir - fried shredded beef
- Satay Ayam Ambal - chicken satay with sauce
- Telur Masak Kacang - eggs in peanut sauce