chicken stewed in coconut milk
1 honje / kecombrang
500 ml of thin coconut milk (encer)
300 ml thick coconut milk (kental
5 belimbing wuluh
10 red lomboks
6 cloves of
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tbsp salt
4 asam jawa
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp bawang goereng.
Cut the chicken into pieces, the kecombrang into pieces, the garlic and the shallots into thin slices, the lomboks in slanted rings and the belimbing in pieces.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots, garlic and lomboks for 7 minutes. Then add the thin coconut milk, the belimbing, the salt, the palmsugar and the asam jawa and bring to the boil while stirring.
then add the chicken and cook it half-done. Then add the thick coconut milk and cook it further on low heat until tender and until the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle the bawang goreng over it and serve.
- Ikan Pepes Bumbu Merah -spicy fish steamed and roasted in banana leaf
- Sambal Goreng Lidah - tongue with potatoes in spicy sauce
- Semur Ayam Perintil - chicken balls in spicy sauce
- beef with black pepper - 黑椒 牛柳
- Sayur Asam Santan Labu Kuning - pumpkin with vegetables stewed in coconut milk
- Goru Belanga - beef stew from the Moluccas
- Rendang bebek poyah - spicy dry fried duck