fried pork and liver in sauce
1 red bell pepper
450 g of pork
450 gr liver
5 cloves of garlic
130 ml of vinegar
4 tbsp soy sauce
250 ml of water
1/2 tsp pepper
2 salam / bay leaves
75 gr peas
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Cut the pepper, the pork and the liver into thin strips. Cut the onion into thin slices and finely chop the garlic.
In a bowl, mix the pork with the vinegar, the soy sauce, the onion, the garlic, the salam and the pepper and leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Remove the meat from the bowl and let it drain. Keep the marinade.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bell pepper for 30 seconds and set aside.
Then add the pork and fry until it changes colour. Then add the onion and garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the marinade and bring to the boil and let it simmer for 4 minutes. Then add the water and bring to the boil and then cook on low heat for 20 minutes until the meat is almost done and the sauce thickens.
Then add the liver and stir for 5 minutes until the liver is done and the sauce is thickened. Then add the peas and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the bell pepper and salt and cook for another minute. Serve.
- Sambal Bledak - spicy green chilli sambal
- Udang Pepes Tergoda - Steam spicy shrimps/prawns
- Jin Ping - roasted pork meat
- Gangan udang - prawns simmered in coconut milk
- Pare Santan Cabai Hijau - cucumber in a light spicy coconut milk sauce
- Sop Tomato Jatim - Indonesian tomato soup
- Terung Telunjuk Siram Sambal - eggplant with sambal sauce