Gu Lao Rou
Sweet & sour Pork
500 gr pork, lean
2 protein/egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
125 gr pineapple
5 cm jahe/ginger
100 g cornstarch
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp saus tomat / ketchup
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
Cut the meat into thin strips. Grate the jahe. Cut the peppers into thin strips and the pineapple into cubes. Roast the sesame seeds dry in a pan and set aside. Mix the ingredients for the sauce well.
Mix the meat with the egg whites, the jahe, the pepper and the salt and let it marinate for 30 minutes. Then mix in the cornstarch and shake off the loose cornstarch.
Heat in a pan of oil and then fry the meat for 5 minutes until golden brown. Then drain well on kitchen paper.
Heat in a pan 1 tbsp of the oil and stir-fry the peppers for 30 seconds. Then add the pineapple and the sauce and mix well and let it simmer for 1 minute. Mix the cornstarch with the water and then add it to the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens.
Then add the meat and mix well. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over and serve.
- Bandeng Masak Kemangi - stewed spicy fish with lemon basil
- Ayam Panggang Pedas - spicy roasted chicken
- Ayam Goreng Air Kelapa - marinated stewed fried chicken
- Cah Kangkung Bunga Pepaya - slowly stewed kangkung with tuna and papaya
- Daging Cah Taoge - fried beef with bean sprouts
- Ayam Goreng Sauce Tauco - fried chicken in a spicy soybean sauce
- Sambal Terasi - sambal made of roasted shrimp paste