Pa Rat Prik
fried fish in sweet and sour sauce
1 Orade / Dorade (500 gr)
3 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbps fish sauce
1 tbsp tamarind juice
3 red rawits / bird's eye chilies
3 cloves garlic
6 kemangi leaves
1 small red onion
Clean the fish well and score it on both sides. Rub the fish in with the salt and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Heat in a pan of sufficient oil and fry the fish for 15 minutes. The oil must completely cover the fish. When the fish is fried take it out of the pan and pour the sauce on top of the fish.
Chop the rawits, garlic and onion coarsely. Heat in a pan 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the rawits, garlic and onion for 30 seconds. Then add the fish sauce, the soy sauce, the palm sugar and the tamarind juice and mix well. Add the kemangi leaves and serve the sauce.
- Semur Patin Berempah - fried stewed fish in dark sauce
- Daging Asam Jakarta - sour meat from Jakarta
- Spicy pork stir-fry - 湖南小炒肉
- Asinan Jakarta - pickled vegetables from Jakarta
- Cah Kangkung Bunga Pepaya - slowly stewed kangkung with tuna and papaya
- Tumis Ayam dan Kacang Mede - stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts
- Pepes Tahu Jamur - Steamed tahu with mushrooms