Khao Pad Goong Sai Khai
fried rice with prawns and egg
300 gr rice
500 ml water
6 tiger prawns
1 tsp palmsugar
3 tbsp kecap asin (light soy sauce)
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp pepper
3 small cucumbers
6 spring onions
4 sprigs coriander
1 red lombok
Steam the rice with the water until cooked. XCut the onion into thin slices. Peel the prawns and halve them. Cut the cucumber into slices and the lombok into thin strips. Pluck the coriander leaves and chop them coarse. Slice the spring onion into thin rings and the limes into small wedges.
Heat in a wok the oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Add the prawns, the palmsugar, the kecap and the ketchup. Add the rice and fry it. Heat in a skillet 1 tbsp oil and scramble the eggs until fried. Mix the egg with the rice and sprinkle the pepper on top.
Put the rice on plates and sprinkle it with the coriander, the spring onion and the lombok. Garnish it with the cucumber and the lime wedges.
- Pallu Kaloa - Fried spicy beef
- Daging Masak Kecap - beef in a light kecap sauce
- Tumis Ayam Sawi Asin - stir fry chicken with salted cabbage
- Daging Masak Hitam Jambi - beef in dark sauce from Jambi
- Hagape Daging 3 - beef with coconut
- Jamur Ayam Pedas - spicy fried mushrooms with chicken
- Rendang Daging Giling - rendang of meatballs