spicy fried tempe with egg
1 block of tempe (350 gr)
25 petai / peteh beans
250 gr quail eggs
3 cm lengkuas / laos
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
3 salam leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
2 tbsp kecap manis
25 red lomboks
10 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
3 cloves of garlic
4 cm jahe
5 cm kencur
Cut the tempe into small cubes and steam for 10 minutes and set aside. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Cut the shallots into thin slices. Halve the petai beans.
Heat in a pan water and cook the eggs until hardboiled. Peel and set aside.
Heat in a pan oil and fry the shallots for 3 minutes. Then add the bumbu together with the salam, the laos and the serai and fry for 4 minutes.
Then add the salt, the palmsugar and water and bring to the boil while stirring. Then add the tempe and the eggs and let the sauce thicken. Then add the kecap and the petai and cook until the petai is done. Serve.
- Sate Menado - satay of pork from Menado
- Ayam Tinoransak - spicy stewed chicken from Manado
- Tumis Daging Krecek - spiced stewed beef
- Babi Bali - balinese pork
- Gulai Gajebo Daging Sapi - Stewed beef in spicy sauce
- Semur Daging Sedap - savory beef stew
- Tumis Sosis Bawang Bombay - Sautéed sausage with onion