fried kangkung with herbs
2 bunches of kang kung
3 red rawits
3 tbsp bawang goreng
herbs and spices:
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp five spice powder (see recipe)
1 tbsp fried garlic, minced
Pick the leaves from the kangkung and keep 150 gr. Wash the leaves well and let them drain until they are dry. Cut the rawits into thin slices/strips. Mix the ingredients of the rempah well.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the leaves of the kangkung until crisp and let them drain.
Then place the kangkung on a plate and sprinkle the rawits, the bawang goreng and the rempah over it and serve.
- Terik Tempe Tahu - tempe and tahu stewed in spicy coconut milk
- Tongseng Kambing Yogyakarta - spicy stewed lamb
- Tumis Kangkung Tabur Udang - stir fry of kangkung with shrimp
- Serumpun Ubi - cassava cookies
- Oseng Kacang Panjang Telur Asin - spicy stir fry made of long/snake beans with egg
- Ayam Tumis Paprika - stir-fry of chicken with paprika
- Shui Zhu Niu Rou - 水煮 牛肉 - Sichuan boiled beef