Kailan Masak Daun Kari
stewed Chinese broccoli with a curry sauce
200 gr baby kailan / young Chinese brocolli
3 cloves of garlic
1 star anise
5 curry leaves
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
300 ml of water
1 1/2 tsp corn starch + 1 1/2 tsp water
1 tbsp oil
Cut the onion into thin slices and finely chop the garlic. Slice the curry leaves finely. Heat in a pan the water together with 1/2 tsp salt and then add the kailan and blanch it. Drain afterwards and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, the onion, the star anise, the cloves for 2 minutes. Then add the curry leaves, the curry powder, pepper, salt, palm sugar and water and bring to the boil while stirring.
Then mix in the cornstarch solution and cook until the sauce is thickened. Spoon the sauce over the kailan and serve.
- Sayur Lodeh Kacang Jagung Muda - stewed vegetables in coconut milk
- Telur Sambal Cipri - spicy eggs with apple
- Tumis Kerang Hijau - stewed mussels
- Brokoli Tumis Udang - stir-fry of broccoli with shrimp/prawns
- Sup Daging Asam Pedas - Spicy sour meat soup
- Ayam Penyet - Fried chicken with sambal
- Buntut Masak Cabai Hijau - oxtail with green pepper sauce