Pais Suung (Jawa barat)
steamed roasted seasoned oyster mushrooms
250 gr oyster mushrooms
3 tbsp oil
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp palmsugar
6 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
8 red rawits
1 spring onion
Cut the oyster mushrooms into strips, the garlic, the shallots, the keriting, the rawits and the spring onion into thin slices.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the salt and the palmsugar and stir well. Then add the oyster mushrooms, the keriting, the rawits and the spring onion and mix well.
Take a piece of banana leaf and spoon some of the mixture on top. Then wrap it up like a package. Repeat this 5 times. Steam the packets for 30 minutes and then grill it over a charcoal fire until the leaves have turned black. Serve.
- Telur Masak Belacan - fried eggs with shrimp paste
- Sambal Goreng Kembang - spicy fired cauliflower
- Sup Ikan Nila - fish soup with tilapia
- Semur Kambing Giling Kacang Merah - meatballs with red kidney beans
- Urutan Celeng - Balinese saucages
- Jamur Merang Goreng Kemangi - fried mushrooms with kemangi
- Piendang Kunyit - beef in sauce
Pais Suung - steamed roasted seasoned oyster mushrooms
- Written by: AsianCook