Takir Mi Pedas
stuffed spicy noodles in banana leaves
200g egg noodles
2 tahu kuning, see recipe
100 ml thick coconut milk (kental)
2 spring onion
2 red lomboks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palmsugar
2 tbsp oil
banana leaf, folded like a tray
3 cloves of garlic
5 red rawits
1/2 tsp ketumbar, toasted
Pound or grind the tahu into a paste. Beat the egg. Cut the spring onion and the lomboks into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a pan the water and cook the noodles. Let it drain and then cut it into pieces and set aside.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu for 4 minutes and set aside.
Mix all ingredients well and scoop them into banana leaf trays and steam for 30 minutes until done. Serve.
- Nam phrik kaeng khiaw waan
- Pesmol Mujair - fried fish in spicy creamy sauce
- Pindang Ayam Labu Kuning - stewed spiced chicken with pumpkin/squash
- Sambal Goreng Daging - meatballs in a spicy creamy sauce with petai and peas
- Rica Rica Kambing - Stewed lamb in spicy red sauce
- Oncom Leunca Cabai Iris - fried spicy oncom with leunca
- Tahu Telur Surabaya - tahu omelet with a spicy dark sauce