Nasi Bakar Bandeng Pedas
Spicy roasted rice with fish
2 ikan bandeng / red gurnard
7 twigs kemangi
5 red rawits
50 ml of water
2 tbsp of oil
5 banana leaf
300 gr rice
1 salam leaf
1 sereh / lemongrass
1 tsp salt
500 ml coconut milk
5 cloves of garlic
6 red lomboks
4 red rawits
Clean the fish and chop it roughly into pieces. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat in a pan the coconut milk together with the salt, salam and sereh and bring to a boil while stirring. Add the rice and stir until everything is well mixed and absorbed. Then steam the rice for 40 minutes until its cooked.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu for 4 minutes. Add the water and mix. Then add the fish and mix well.
Divide the rice and fish mixture into 5 servings. Add a portion of fish mixture on top of each banana leaf, then a rawit and kemangi and then the rice. Fold the banana sheet as a package and close it with the biteng.
Roast the packages over a charcoal fire for 10 minutes and until its fragrant.
- Rendang Ikan Asap - spicy rendang of smoked fish
- Sala Lauak - Spiced balls from Sumatra
- Sayap Ayam panggang bumbu Paniki - very hearty spiced grilled chicken
- Ayam Goreng Campur
- Ayam Goreng Teri - fragant fried chicken
- Urap Sambal Mentah - mixed vegetables with spicy sauce
- Tongseng - fried lamb in a sweet kecap sauce