Udang Berani Pedas
spicy shrimp with peteh beans
750 gr shrimp/prawns
40 petai / peteh beans
5 cloves of garlic
7 red lomboks
3 tbsp kecap manis
3 salam leaf
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
Dice the tahu. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tahu until golden brown and set aside. Finely chop the shallots and garlic. Finely chop the lomboks. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the shrimp until they change colour and set aside.
Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the lomboks, the tomatoes, the salam, the salt, the kecap and the palm sugar and fry until soft.
Then add the shrimp/prawns, the petai and the tahu and mix well and cook/fry until done. Serve.
- Pindang Serani - fish in a yellow sauce with herbs
- Hung Shiu Say Saw - mixed braised vegetables and mushrooms
- Omelet Bayam Kentang - omelet with spinach and potato
- Asem-Asem Terong - spicy stew of eggplant
- Babi Cin - Pork cutlets in a date and mushroom sauce
- Sambal Goreng Bledeg - very hot spicy chicken with eggs
- Tumis Sawi Udang - paksoy with shrimps and laksa