rendang of shrimp
800 gr large shrimp / tiger prawns
1500 ml coconut milk (from 2 coconuts)
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
1 kunyit leaf
8 jeruk purut leaves
1 cm asam kandis
1 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic
3 cm lengkuas / galangal
4 cm jahe
1 tsp ketumbar
1/2 tsp jinten /cumin
Clean the shrimp and remove the head but leavet the tail on. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a pan the coconut milk together with the bumbu, the serai, the kunyit leaf, the salt and the jeruk purut and bring to the boil while stirring. Stir until the sauce thickens and the oil is released.
Then add the asam kandis and shrimp and stir until the moisture has evaporated. Serve.
- Bistik Kambing - Lamb in sweet fragrant sauce
- Sandung Lamur Bali - braised beef with a spicy red sauce
- Siomay ayam bayam - steamed chicken / spinach dumpling
- Sayap Ayam Rempah - fried seasoned chicken wings
- Semur Terung - stew of eggplant from Yogyakarta
- Smoor Ayam Siliwangi - slowly cooked fried pieces of chicken
- Udang Taoco Cabai Hijau - shrimps in green pepper sauce