Daging Panggang Karmanaci
grilled seasoned beef
400 gr beef (lean)
2 tbsp kecap manis
2 serai / sereh / lemongrass
2 cm jahe / ginger
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp palm sugar
1 star anise
1 tsp asam water (from 1 tbsp asam + 1eetl water)
500 ml of water
2 tbsp oil
6 cloves of garlic
2 cm lengkuas / laos / galangal
2 tsp ketumbar
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
Cut the meat into slices of 1/2 cm thickness. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the serai, jahe, star anise and the cloves for 6 minutes. Then add the meat and fry it until it changes colour.
Add the kecap, salt, pepper, asam water and palm sugar and mix well. Then add the water little by little and continue to cook on low heat until done and the sauce has thickened.
Bake / Roast the meat on a grill pan / charcoal fire until brown and baste it regularly with the sauce. Serve.
- Khiew Wan Gay Tod - Green curry chicken balls
- Sate Ayam Kelapa Parut Sangrai - Chicken sate/satay with roasted coconut
- Mu Pad Karlum - Fried vegetables with pork
- Abon Daging Gurih - Dry fried beef
- Gai Tod Pud Pad
- Gai Tod Hatyai - two times fried chicken
- Kacang Panjang Tumis Jamur - stir-fry of long beans with mushrooms